Dr. David E. Losada
Associate Professor, ACM Senior Member
Dunes, Corrubedo, Spain
- IR models including Language Modeling and other formal models
- Text summarization
- Sentence Retrieval & Novelty detection
- Text classification
- IR evaluation
- Opinion Mining & Sentiment Analysis
- Cybercrime Detection
+34 8818 (x16451)
+34 8818 16405
Rúa de Jenaro de la Fuente Domínguez,
15782 Campus Vida Santiago de Compostela (SPAIN)
Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education, Mark Twain
David Losada's Activities
- Keynote speaker in SEPLN 2012 and SMUC 2011.
- Committee member and founder of Sociedad Española de Recuperación de Información.
- Senior PC member in the BCS-IRSG European Conference on Information Retrieval: ECIR 2012-2015.
- General and Programme Committee Co-Chair of the 27th BCS-IRSG European Conference on Information Retrieval, ECIR-05.
- Programme Committee Chair of the 1st Spanish Conference on Information Retrieval, CERI-2010.
- Member of the Programme Committee of: ACM Annual Int Conf on Research and Development in Information Retrieval: SIGIR 2005-2014; European Conf. on Information Retrieval: ECIR 2002-2015; International World Wide Web Conference: WWW 2012, WWW 2013;Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval: SPIRE 2006; Symposium on Information Interaction in Context: IIiX 2008, IIix 2006; Int. Conf. on Flexible Query Answering Systems: FQAS 2006; Int. Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval: ICTIR 2011, ICTIR 2009, ICTIR 2007.
- Area Chair for the 5th Asia Information Retrieval Symposium, AIRS 2009.
- Local Organization Chair of the 16th International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming, ILP 2006.
- Workshop chair of the 34th BCS-IRSG European Conference on Information Retrieval, ECIR-2012.
- Member of the Programme Committee of the workshops: Future Directions in Information Access (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011); ECIR workshop on Evaluating Personal Search Workshop (2011); ACM SIGIR workshop on Improving Web retrieval for non-English queries (2007); ACM SIGIR Workshops on Mathematical/Formal Methods in Information Retrieval (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005), ACM SIGIR Workshop on Semantic Web (2003 and 2004).
- Senior member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), and ACM Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval (SIGIR).